Saturday, April 30, 2005

ZACK

Gabe, we got Zachary's graduation stuff yesterday, his cap and gown, the announcements, his pendant.  Only problem is... your dad put the wrong middle name down on the order form so all of Zack's cards and stickers say 'Zachary Lyle'.  Dad is so embarassed, which really makes it fun for me!

Zack has been working so hard to get caught up and we have no reason at this point to believe that he will not pass.  His councelor is already talking about college.  I don't know about that, we'll have to wait and see.  College is a whole different world.  I'll just be happy with a high school diploma for now, we'll worry about higher education later.

Dad has a few more months himself before he graduates.  I think his ceremony is in July.  I know he'll be so happy when its all over.  So will I!  Its been a long haul and I hope it pays off.  In the mean time I've had to bite my tongue more than once when he pulls his 'I'm a college student and you're not so that means I'm smarter than you and know everything' attitude.  Okay, I lied, I DON'T bite my tongue, I snap EVERY time!  I think he does it on purpose, just to rattle my cage, I really do (that turd!).  I'm really proud of him though.  I know it was hard for him to go back to school, but he did it, and wow, soon he'll be a college graduate!  He keeps bugging me about my continuing education, but lets face it, there would not be enough room in the house for both of our egos, so we'll just stop with him.

Summer vacation is right around the corner.  The kids have 3 more weeks of school.  I fuss a lot but I'm really looking forward to being able to spend the summer with them and actually doing things together instead of me having to work all day long while they are cooped up in the house.  We'll probably drive each other nuts, but we'll have fun doing it.  And I'll actually be able to spend some time with you when you are in town as well!  So you better plan on spending some time with us, instead of going out all night with your friends and sleeping all day at home.  I'll wake your butt up and drag you out with us, that's all there is to it!

Well, its late and I better get to bed.  Miss you Sugar Booger, Love you!

Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home