Friday, January 13, 2006

YOUR ROOMMATE

Dear Gabe,

I know you couldn't tell me earlier the names of your injured friends, but I was able to figure out who your roommate was and just wanted you to know that he is safe in the states now, with his family at his side.  His dad is keeping a journal that gives an update on his condition.  He is still in a coma, but they are optimistic.  It sounds like he has a great family.  It sounds like you have a great friend.  He is in very capable hands now so don't worry about him too much. Hopefully by the time you come back on leave, he will be recouping at his own home and you will be able to visit him there.

We all went to Poor Richard's Used Book store.  Do you remember that place?  I took you there once and you spent the whole time in front of the Calvin and Hobbs shelf.  Art was the same way today.  He ended up buying two of those books, and one of the Far Side.  Dad got some military books, and I got a bird guide and a bug book to take with me when I go out with the camera.

I upset your dad so bad today and had so much fun doing it.  He met Zack and I for lunch but had to go back to work.  I told him that we were going to visit the petstore across the parking lot before we went home.  When he finally got home after work I asked him if he wanted to meet 'the newest member of the family'.  Oh buddy, you should have seen his face!  I let him think we brought home another critter for about a minute... or until I couldn't hold back my laughter any more.  I thought his eyes were going to pop!  Hahahaha!  Too funny!  They did have a chinchilla though and if I had the money I would have bought it, he was so cute and fluffy with big black eyes.  Your dad is soooo lucky I don't make a lot of money!

The Broncos play the Patriots tomorrow night.  Of course, you know where I'll be... at work!  Agh!  Oh well, at least I have Super Bowl Sunday off.  Our 22nd wedding anniversary is the day before that, on the 4th.  22 years.  Wow!  It seems like just yesterday that your dad was picking his nose for the camera man at our wedding.

And here it is, after midnight again.  I've really got to set a routine and stick with it.  Wake up at 6am, drink lots of coffee... go to work, come back home, eat supper, and be in bed by 10.  That gives me 8 hours of sleep.

Hahaha!  Yeah right, like that will really happen!

Miss you Gabe, Love you always.

Mom

 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Gabe, my 9 yp son, Ethan loves  Calvin and Hobbes!!!  He often readsunder the covers with a flashlight.  I think he is sleeping until I h ear him laughing!
Becky

January 14, 2006 at 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am saying prayers for you friend Gabe and all the soldiers with you.  And then extra prayers for you and your mom.

Be well,
Dawn

January 20, 2006 at 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home