Friday, December 9, 2005

MORE SAD NEWS

Dear Gabe,

As usual, I was ecstatic when I saw your address in the sender's column of my mailbox.  And as is becoming a sad trend, my joy was short lived.  Another loss.  I am so sorry.  Sorry seems to be so inadequate at times such as this and yet the English vocabulary doesn't seem to have a more suitable alternative that would express how I feel for the soldier, his family, and for you as you must now bear the grief of his death.  I hope your injured friend and the others have a speedy recovery.  I am so grateful they were spared.  Again, inadequate vocabulary to convey my feelings.  Honestly, selfishly I am so relieved that YOU have been spared.

So you went off-roading in a sewage ditch.  Hahahaha!  Sounds like 'fun'.  I'll bet you think twice before driving through a ditch again.  I hope you at least kept your mouth shut as the fragrant spray doused your vehicle.   Please shower well and put on a clean uniform before coming home.  Actually, now that I think about it I'd welcome you home no matter what you smelled like, but clean would definitely be preferrable.

The sun is out today although its still pretty darn cold.  Dad has the day off as well so I'm trying to talk him into driving me out to get some pictures.  You know how beautiful the mountains are in the sunshine when they have snow on them.  Wish me luck getting him out of the warmth of the house.  Brrrrrrr....

Stay safe son.  And stay out of those pee-puddles.  Miss you, love you.

Mom

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gabe, I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you and your friends are in my prayers. Once again THANK YOU for all that you are doing for us over there. Please stay safe!! Phyllis

December 9, 2005 at 9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gabe, I don't know how to express how sorry I am both for you and for your friends family. Take care of yourself and know that lots of people back here have you in their thoughts and keep good vibes winging your way. Stay Safe!

December 9, 2005 at 6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gabe please know that we are all so proud of all of you over there.  My heart goes out to you over the loss of your friends, I keep praying this will end and you all will come safely home...Sandi

December 10, 2005 at 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gabe, I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts. I know that this week with the elections poses a threat that may be higher than normal.
Be vigilent and cautious!
Tess

December 11, 2005 at 3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry for your losses Gabe...

be well and safe,
Dawn

December 14, 2005 at 1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home