Sunday, January 29, 2006

NEW WAR WAGON... WOO HOO!

Dear Gabe,

I'm still riding high on the after effects of your call this morning.  What a perfectly wonderful way to begin the morning.  You sounded so good, and so close.  It was hard to believe that you are half a world away, you sounded like you were right down the street.

Dad has been working like a madman uploading music on to your laptop.  Warning: your buddies might accuse you of being an old fogie!  But don't worry, its not all old stuff.  He raided Art's cd's as well and has some of that goofy stuff Art calls music... I don't know, you'll probably like them cos there's a lot of screaming and non-musical noise like you listen to in a lot of them.

I was so happy to hear that you are no longer driving around in those hmvees.  Too dangerous, and they definitely didn't meet my MSSS (Mother's Safety Specification Standards).  Your new mode of transportation does.  Now, no more trips outside the wire unless you're in the new War Wagon, or buddy, you're grounded, got it?  You may be a big bad soldier, but I'm still your mother and you will do as I say or else!

Your friend has opened both eyes now but doesn't seem to want to focus on much of anything.  The swelling on his brain is so much better, and while he still has a fever, its stabilized.  I've been reading a lot of amazing stories about guys who suffered the same kind of injuries and are up and walking around now.  I'm sure he is another miracle in the making.

Thank you for writing to your baby sister, you made Rocky's day.  She's taking your deployment the hardest, mostly I suppose because you always stuck up for her when her brothers and sister would pick on her.  Now when she has a bad day, I'll find her sitting in her room crying for you.  There's been no crying this week though, she is in Heaven... and being able to hear your voice this morning has her absolutely floating!

Okay, well, time to start organizing the photo files so I can start transferring them to your laptop.  Hopefully it will be in the mail and will be in your hands in a couple of weeks.

Miss you, love you.

Mom

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you heard from Gabe this morning!  I'm sure that did make your day perfect!

Jackie

January 29, 2006 at 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish your son the very best out there, I'm glad he made your morning!
Ann
journals.aol.com/urbannote/saysomething

January 29, 2006 at 1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Gabe... the joy in your mom has leapt off the page to me today!  I am so happy for her, and you...  I am happy that you are safer.  

Stay safe...

Be well,
Dawn

January 29, 2006 at 2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello to Gabe and Jody!
I used to read Dust Bunnies until you went private & I miss you!
Marti

January 31, 2006 at 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home