Tuesday, November 29, 2005

CABELAS

Dear Gabe,

Your order from Cabelas came in today.  I'm off tomorrow so I will be taking it to the post office.  I'll be insuring the boxes just in case anything happens to them.

I found the Thanksgiving card I bought for you.  I figure we have so much to be thankful for each and every day so I'm going to send it to you anyway.  I saw Obie, Shannel's cousin, at the store today.  He says 'hi', and to make sure you drop by when you get back in town.  Marilyn called this evening as well, for your address.  As you can tell, everyone around here misses you a lot.

It was bone-chilling cold today.  It got to 4º today with the wind chill factor.  I had to help with a trailer audit in layaway, and I FROZE my toots off!  It took me hours to warm up.  It was so cold this morning even the frost didn't want to come out.  That was a good thing because the defroster on Big Red isn't working so I'd have to scrape the windshield off and drive with the windows open to keep the inside of the windows from fogging up.  Oh boy, this is going to be a fun winter I can already tell.  But thats okay, I'm still ready for it.  Its Christmas I'm not prepared for!

And can you believe that in just a month it will be 2006.  Are you ready?  Thats a silly question, ready or not, here it comes.  I'm ready.  The coming of the new year means its that much closer to your homecoming. 

You're probably getting sick of hearing this, but be safe, stay safe, wear your fireproof man panties, and hurry home.  Miss you, love you always,

Mom

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gabe Stay safe:)

Deb

November 30, 2005 at 12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay safe and thank you for all you are doing for us. Happy Holidays to you and your friends!!
Phyllis

November 30, 2005 at 10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gabe!  Just a quick pop in to let you know you were included in our family prayer at Thanksgiving...many thoughts are with all of you. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

November 30, 2005 at 11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Gabe... please stay safe...wear those fireproof man panties, and keep your head low!  Know that there are many mom's out here praying for your safe return and for all your unit.

Be well,
Dawn

December 2, 2005 at 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home