Thursday, December 8, 2005

COLD DAY

Dear Gabe,

I just thought I'd share this picture with you.  This tree is on Fort Carson across from some heat vent.  The steam froze on to everything it touched.  Last night the temperature dipped to -13.  Its not as cold today, and should get up to 34 degrees by this afternoon, but brrrrrrrr!

We're going to try to go up to the mountains this Saturday to cut down a tree.  That may change though because they're calling for more snow by the weekend.  Its weird, it just doesn't really feel like the holidays yet.  Do you realize this will be the first Christmas EVER that our family has not been together?

The bighorn sheep that was spotted on Fort Carson finally died of natural causes.  I'm still waiting to hear the final measurements but the guys at Range Control and the Wildlife office suspect that it will be a record holder.  I sure wish I could have seen it before it died, that must have been quite a sight. 

Well, I'm going to go out and see if I can get a few more winter pictures.  And yes, I will be wearing better gloves than I wore yesterday.  My fingers felt like someone had taken a hammer to them after only about a half hour outside taking those pictures of the trees.  I don't remember ever feeling that much pain before... not during the birth of my 5 children, not when I fell face first into the cactus this summer... NEVER!  I'm probably just getting whimpy in my old age.

So anyhow, take care, stay safe, watch out for yourself and those with you.  Miss you and love you always,

Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home