Thursday, November 22, 2007

WISH YOU WERE HERE, but thankful just the same...

Dear Gabe,

I can't tell you how nice it was to hear your voice on the phone this afternoon.  I'm glad you had a nice meal.  I told the kids about you tasting the big fake cake and leaving a gouge in the frosting.  They got a kick out of that.

The kids all helped out with the cooking and they did awesome.  Becca made the pumpkin pies from scratch, even the crust!  Art did the maple squash (very delicious!), Rocky did a perfect batch of homemade mashed potatoes and giblet gravy, and Zack did a batch of homemade biscuits (of course!)  Dad did the deep fried turkey.  And I did the corn (homemade - from scratch of course!) and I also did the dishes!  Actually I supervised the whole production.  It would have been so much easier and faster if I had done it all myself, but what fun would that be?

I really have to finish the dishes so I can get to bed.  I have to work in the morning.  You know how crazy the dad after Thanksgiving can be.  Fortunately I work in back with the local grocery deliveries so I don't have to deal with that craziness.  Thank goodness!

Happy Thanksgiving son. Miss you so much. Stay safe.

Love always,

Mom~

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww... it sounds wonderful... Praying for you, Gabe.... stay safe.

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

November 23, 2007 at 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home