Monday, February 6, 2006

OOPS, SORRY!

Dear Gabe,

I had every intention of updating here through out the game, but the internet went down on us again and didn't come back up until sometime this morning.  I did get some pictures and will post them later today when dad brings back my camera cable.  You didn't miss anything, just the Stinkin' Steelers stomping all over the poor Seahawks!

I read another sad story this morning.  When I read that another soldier has been lost I go through a series of thoughts.  My first is always: Thank God its not Gabe.  That is immediately followed by:  How terribly sad, and God Bless his family.  Then for some reason I find myself wishing that you didn't know the soldier, because I know how hard it must be to lose a friend... And then I always correct myself and hope that you did know him so that you two might have made a difference in each other's lives for that short period, and so that you may honor his memory now that he is gone.  I hope you never forget those who have gone on before you.  I hope you keep them forever in your heart.

Our 22nd Anniversary was quiet.  We had so many other things going on that we ended up postponing our dinner plans and just going to the buffet instead.  All you can eat crablegs.... mmmmmm!  Dad spoiled me.  He gave me two shirts and two of those Bearfoot bears that I collect.  I didn't buy him anything this year but instead gave him the gift of memories.  I put together this slide show. YOU'RE STILL THE ONE! I hope you have chance to take a peek at it. 

Miss you so much, looking forward to May.  Love you always,

Mom

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful way to say "Happy Anniversary"..   That took time and lots of love, putting that together.  I enjoyed sharing a little snipet of your life through that slide show.   I'm sure Gabe enjoyed it too!

Happy Anniversary!

jackie

February 6, 2006 at 7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

loved the slide show!!!!
Becky

February 6, 2006 at 9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your companion.... how sad....

Be well,
Dawn

Prayers coming as always for your safety Gabe!

February 11, 2006 at 12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lifted your peace ribbon for my blog...I hope we get to meet you Gabe in May. We will be visiting May 20-27...we pray for you every night and consider you part of our family. My grandpa was stationed at Fort Campbell for years and years and in fact still lives just outside of it.

February 12, 2006 at 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home