Tuesday, October 18, 2005

HADGI COKE AND A SMILE

Gabe, sometimes I look at the pictures you send of you and your buddies, and I wonder... do you guys really know what your country is asking of you?  You guys look like kids still, you are all someone's son.  And then I realize that perhaps I don't give you guys enough credit.  You are all trained and professional soldiers.  You know exactly what your mission is, and I am confident that you will do it to your utmost ability.

I love this picture.  You guys could be standing on a beach somewhere in the states.  Heck you SHOULD be standing on a beach in the states.  But you're over there, having a Hadgi Coke and a Smile!  You should let me know all of the guys names.  Becca likes this picture because she says you guys all look so 'buff'.  I think thats good, I never know half of what the kids say and mean anymore now days.  I'm getting old fashioned... something I swore never to do.

I'm glad you can still receive email.  I shall probably whine when that stops.  I got your new mailing address so we'll get your cleaning patches in the mail asap.  Let me know when you get them so we have an idea how long it takes.

Well son, I hope you're having a good day where you are.  Rest easy when you can.  Take care of yourself, and your guys.  Missing you, loving you always,

Mom

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sentiments are exactly like yours...God bless them.....Sandi

October 18, 2005 at 7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is Thank you Gabe and your fellow comrades.  I appreciate that you are willing to protect me, without even knowing me.  Thank you.  God bless and protect you.

October 18, 2005 at 8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you guys look cut and squared away.  (Right terminology?)  Thanks for serving your country.  We appreciate what you are doing.

Donna
Dust Bunny Protector

October 18, 2005 at 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hunky!   :)

They are trained to do a job, and they will do just that, Mama-san.

Much Love,

andi

October 18, 2005 at 11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that place looks horrible..I hope your Gabe is home laying on a beach watching the girls before long.
He is the best looking one, Mama..you and hubby did good.
Hugs,
Cassie

October 18, 2005 at 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buff = hunky!!!  LOL  

Gabe and friends - thank you!  You men are doing us proud!  I am so happy that your mom is sharing with us out here in j-land.  It gives us the opportunity to put faces with our soldiers, protecting us, abroad.  It helps me explain it to my kids too.  They can really get it, now.

Hoo aahh!  Or is that a marine thing?

Be well,
Dawn

October 18, 2005 at 11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gabe, I know we don't say it enough, but let your buddies know that there are a lot of people who really appreciate what you boys, excuse me, MEN are doing for us. THANK YOU! And, keep your Mom (and us) posted on how you are doing!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

October 18, 2005 at 7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My seventeen year old daughter wants to know if you are available. :-)

October 21, 2005 at 5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blessings to all of them.... judi

October 23, 2005 at 4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's me again, Belinda

I have recently moved from South Africa to the United States. I thank you all for your dedication and great sacrifice made so that this country will continue to be safe for all who live in this wonderful country. All servicemen and women are the true hero's...so are their families who have sent their sons and daughters to fight for this country. bravo to you all!

Belinda

November 3, 2005 at 11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is so handsome, Dorn.  Thanks for sharing these with us.

Blessings!~
Susan
http://journals.aol.com/rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle/

November 4, 2005 at 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home