Friday, July 29, 2005

SGT. UNCLE?

I spoke with Grandma Teru today.  She's well, sort of.  She has had a little trouble with her heart lately and is being tested for specific problems.  She says not to worry until she says to worry.  Anyhow, she had some kind of good news.  My brother (Uncle George) is in the process of trying to get back in to the reserves.  He's already completed and passed the first series of applications.  He's still waiting to find out if his past will affect his re-enlisting.  Anyhow, if he is allowed to re-enlist, he already knows that his reserve unit will be attached to YOUR unit!  How cool is that?

I spoke to Doris and Larry last night.  Larry is at Belvoir. It was so nice talking with them.  I can't wait to get back together with them.  Don't know when that will be.  Who knows, if I make a trip out your way to see you and my grandbaby before you leave, I might be able to swing up to VA and see her too.

Dad said you were starting to pack when he spoke to you the other day.  I didn't need to hear that.  Its less than 2 months away.  I'm worried sick, and you haven't even left yet. 

I've been discovering the wisdom in your request that I don't watch the news while you're overseas.  I cry infront of the TV every night.  One of my journaling friends lost her son last week.  I never want to go through the hell she is living in, do you hear me?  So keep your head down and be safe. 

Miss you and love you,

Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home