Saturday, September 22, 2007

Moonlit Resolution

Dear Gabe,

This has been a difficult month for me to say the least, though I'll wager it comes nothing close to the difficulties you are having to deal with.  I had my little pity party.  I screamed and cried into my pillow.  And then I became resolved to work with the obstacles.  Whats a little distance between grand children and grand parents right?  It'll work out eventually.  I can still be a grandmother and I can still love my precious little grandbabies without physically holding them.  I just hug them a little longer when we do finally get together.  I am at peace with that thought.

Tonight I stared at the moon for a long time.  I put a lot of faith in my God, but to the moon I asked that it watch over you and your guys.  That it shine a welcome reflection of home, and cast a gentle shadow of protection.  I find comfort in knowing that it will be there for you just as it will be here for me.  Even now it shines down upon us both.

Soon the moon will be full.  I'm not ready for it yet.  I don't think I ever will, given the choice, but it is not up to me.  I shall be fine.  I pray that you will as well.

Love always,

Mom~

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truer words never spoken... the same moon shines for you both.  Prayers going on the wind for you and your men, Gabe.  And, prayers for your momma too.  She knows we are all here in J-land, pulling for you.

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

September 23, 2007 at 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home