Monday, August 14, 2006

DEAR HEROES

Dear Gabe,

I just wanted to share this letter with you.  I got it from McClean's dad, who got it from a co-worker's wife, who got it from one of her special needs students.  He posted several letters on the Rakkasan board, but this one really grabbed at my heart strings with its sincere questions.

"Is it hard to be in the Army?"

"How do you get to see your mom?"

It won't be long now, I've got a new, unoffical count down going on inside my head.  I'm trying not to get too excited, because we know how easily the dates can change, but I've got my fingers crossed... and my  toes, and my eyes, and arms, legs, and anything else that I can cross... which isn't a lot in my current physical shape, but hey, every little bit helps.

Be safe son.  Miss you, Love you!

Mom~

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh how sad, the innocence of a child.... How do you get to see your mom?  Because, of course, in his world, he can't imagine not being with his mommy...

Soon, Gabe... we are counting down with your mom in prayers since we don't know the date...

be well,
Dawn

August 14, 2006 at 1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great letter.  Little kids are so straightforward, really cool. Hoping the time goes fast too...and all of you come home....Sandi

August 17, 2006 at 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home