Monday, March 13, 2006

Letter to War

Dear Gabe,

I don't know many people who said as a child that they wanted to be a soldier and go to war when they grew up.  That was certainly not in your plans.  You always wanted to be a soldier like your daddy though.  You wanted to drive tanks, and fly in helicopters (P'hueys were your favorite), but you never said anything about war.  And yet there you are, smack dab in the middle of exactly where I wish you didn't have to be.  Life is funny like that sometimes.  Can you hear me laughing?  No, I didn't think so.

I heard a song today and it made me cry, so I listened to it again, just so I could cry again.  It felt good to cry because I knew that the song had a happy ending.  I felt so much comfort in knowing that. (Mark Schultz - Letter From War)

Take care son.  Be safe.  Missing you so much.  Love you always,

Mom

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just clicked thru to that link... what a beautiful song and vidoe, I see why it made your Mom cry... Be Safe, Make it Home!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

March 13, 2006 at 5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May can't come fast enough!

March 14, 2006 at 7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must be so proud seeing your man-child there in the tank, serving our country... and so scared too.  {{ jody }}

Gabe...stay low, be safe....

be well,
Dawn

March 17, 2006 at 10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It made me cry....

April 7, 2006 at 12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home