Monday, March 27, 2006

GOT AN EMAIL FROM DOC

Dear Gabe,

I had a wonderful surprise waiting for me when I opened up my email this morning.  Doc Colling had written.  It was a wonderful letter.  He is walking with the aid of crutches, his arm is healed although he still has limited flexibility (based on his past determination I doubt that will be a problem for too long), and although he still must use shades when he goes outside, his vision is perfect.  Truly amazing!

Mettie returned to Washington state today.  He is in Seattle.  Its not quite home, but its some much closer which will make it easier on his family and friends to be with him.  He knows he's home.  I have faith that he will break free of the fog that contains him soon.

I was making phone calls today for reference checks at work and I spoke with a lady who works at the Pikes Peak Hospice, which is where Grandpa Ron spent his weeks.  She knew who I was talking about as soon as I said 'big Indian'.  She even remembered all of you kids.  It was nice talking to her.  I was finally able to thank her after all these years for the wonderful care Grandpa received there.

The kids are on Spring Break this week.  I tried to talk Wal-Mart into giving the associates a week off for Spring break as well but they turned down my request... scrooges!  We're driving up to Breckenridge or some where around that area on my day off.  Dad has Friday off so we may try to do something then too. 

Hope your day goes smooth and safely.  Miss you.  Love you always,

Mom~

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that your cohorts are on the mend... that is wonderful news.  

Be well, stay low, stay safe...

Dawn

March 28, 2006 at 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home